So there has been a buzzz in our area about the Magellan Outdoors Disc Golf Backpack available at Academy Sports. One our team members ordered one pretty quickly and used it this past weekend. This gave us a great opportunity to give it a review.
From the Academy Website:
The Magellan Outdoors™ Deluxe Disc Golf Backpack is designed to hold more than 21 golf discs for easy transport. This backpack is made of ripstop and water-resistant material for durability and features a main compartment with an internal organizer and a soft-lined pocket for personal electronics, while dual mesh water bottle holders can each secure a 32 oz. bottle. Adjustable shoulder straps and a padded back for comfortable carrying. Multifunctional side straps with compression buckles. Disc and accessories are not included.
The bag is obviously a great deal. Regardless of almost anything, for $29.99, you can’t really go wrong. We just want to highlight some of the pro’s and cons, and keep things simple.
- It’s only $29.99!
- The colors are acceptable, although options would have been nice.
- Plenty of storage. It held 23 discs, (2) 32oz water bottles, a stool and other items.
- The inside pockets have a super soft material to hold electronics, keys, etc.
- It is not as rigid as the higher end disc golf backpacks
- The material is a bit thinner, and probably more susceptible to ripping or wear.
- I feel durability may be an issue.
- Shoulder straps don’t hold as well and need constant adjustment or a knot tied to keep them in place.
- Not sure how waterproof this bag would be.