The 2016 Ledgestone Insurance Open presented by Discraft will once again be the largest event in Disc Golf History. Playing off the success of the 2015 event won by Simon Lizotte and Catrina Allen, Nate Heinold and company have decided to go even bigger and better!
The Ledgestone Insurance Open will be the 4th event scheduled for the 2016 Disc Golf Pro Tour. Coming right after the conclusion of the 2016 Pro Worlds and before the 2016 Brent Hambrick Memorial, the field should be loaded with the top players in the sport in every division. Registration does not open until we get closer to the opening of the season, but you can be sure the waiting list will be full!
Here are some of the highlights of the 2016 Ledgestone Insurance Open presented by Discraft.
- Nearly a $150,000 Pro Purse
- Nearly $60,000 for the AM payout, which is approximately double from 2015.
- 1236 players, most of all time.
- Goal is to give St Jude $30,000.
- Dana Vicich has agreed to come on as Assistant TD.
- Other side events include two XC Tiers, our Glo Doubles event, our ice cream social, a buffet dinner, two FlyMarts, Discraft Player clinics, a putting competition, a long drive competition, a hole in one contest at our player’s party, and more.
- Disc Golf Festival including an obstacle course, face painting, disc dyeing and more!
From the information above it’s easy to see why this event will not only be great for players, but for spectators as well! Average Disc Golf reached out to TD Nate Heinold with a few questions regarding the event.
For 2016, AM players will have the option to collect their payout online. How will this be handled and at which website?
Plastic Addicts will be handling the AM payout and their website will have the online payout option.
How has Discraft’s involvement helped the event?
Discraft’s involvement has taken this tournament to another level. Without their support this tournament would not be where it is today. Discraft is a family company and I could not imagine working with another manufacturer for this event. Discraft has many exciting things coming for the 2016 season so keep an eye out for those announcements.
What other notable changes were made for 2016 regarding courses and AMS?
The temp Course at Lake Eureka has been redesigned and we cut down the amount of courses from 10 to 8. This will allow AMS to play better courses. We are also putting together the largest players pack in the country! The AM payout will also be nearly $60,000!
Average Disc Golf will be providing media coverage of the event as well as all events on the Disc Golf Pro Tour for 2016. Stay tuned for more information as we get it!