JohnE McCray joins us for our next “10 Questions” interview.
1. How did you get started playing disc golf?
My oldest brother Bruce introduced me to disc golf.
2. What were your very first discs if you remember?
I believe he gave me an F-15 and a Cobra.
3. What is the best and worst thing about traveling for the sport?
The best is getting to see the country and enjoy the time. The worst is missing friends and gatherings.
4. How many aces do you have or do you keep count?
5. When you practice, what do you work on most?
6. Which is worse when putting? Hitting the Cap, Hitting the Cage, or the Airball?
Any miss low is bad.
7. For the Average Disc Golf player what piece of advice would you give them to improve their game?
The best advice, follow through.
8. Currently in your bag, what is your absolute “Go-To” disc right now?
Either a TP Giant or for straighter shots the GL Saint Pro.
9. After facing adversity on the course, what tips do you have to keep your mental game in check and focused on the rest of the round?
Times sometimes gets tough. Focus on what your doing for each shot, then execute.
10. What goals do you have for the 2015 season/year?
I want to enjoy every minute.
I would like to thank Latitude 64 for bringing me to the team and I’d also like to thank Dynamic Discs, Westside Discs, Disc Golf Center, Dynamite Discs, Above Gravity, Paragon Disc Golf, Cali Connection Disc Golf, and Circle One. There are many others that open their doors to me and other touring pros. I’d like to thank you all for helping me along the way.